So, if you watched any of the films from Step 1 you may be feeling moved.
You may also be feeling powerless.
If so, it’s the small changes you make on a daily basis by going plant-based that will help you take back a sense of personal control.
Cynics may try to dissuade you, saying that your efforts are a drop in the ocean.
But that’s not true.
Between 2006 and 2016 veganism in the UK alone has risen by 350%.
This plant-based movement is being powered by young and informed adults across the globe.
A plant-based diet and/or lifestyle is a conscious choice you can make to care for animals and protect your planet.
You are joining millions of others who are waking up to a kinder, healthier and planet-saving high-vibe life!
3 phases of habit formation
The three phases of habit formation are:
- THE HONEYMOON – You feel motivated and inspired to change, it seems possible – even easy!
- THE FIGHT THROUGH – Reality sets in, obstacles get in the way, inspiration fades and change seems less possible. You have to push through the resistance to get back on track.
- IN THE FLOW – You have fought through the resistance and you are in the flow. The habit is becoming established, you are seeing results.
Three common interruptions here are:
- Disruptions (holiday, work gets in the way, having house guests, etc);
- Discouragement (you expect to see greater results for the time input);
- Seduction (such fantastic results you no longer feel the habit is needed).
After the initial impetus fades, you are going to need inspiring role models to keep you motivated to stay on the plant-based path.
Luckily, many people are documenting their plant-based transformations and sharing their discoveries online.
Their stories and daily discoveries are inspiring and motivating.
My personal favourites are:
- Rich Roll who produce a superb spirituality/health/fitness-oriented podcast;
- Lilykoi Hawaii plant-based health + fitness channel. She offers sensible guidance + is an adult child from a dysfunctional family;
- Kate Flowers because she shows you how to make delicious vegan food without being preachy; and
- Fully Raw Kristina whose YouTube videos are colourful, polished + uplifting (– though not nutritionally balanced).
Step #2 Actions:
Spend this week looking at all the brilliant plant-based people out there on the inter-webs and explore my recommendations above.
Who are your favourite inspiring role models?
Can you add any more people to the above list?
How will you connect with the inspiring plant-based people you’ve seen? (i.e. buy their book, connect via social media, go to a talk, donate, etc.)
>> Download /print / fill PDF checklist <<
Go to the Step 3: Research Your Diet
Back to Good Vibes main page or Shop.